Platonides (2011-02-03 21:53):
> Maciej Jaros wrote:
>> Can you set a different deploy date for different projects? E.g. 18.00
>> UTC for Poland. I will not be able to be there when hell will brake
>> loose as I will be working and I'm sure most of the Polish tech admins
>> will be too. Note that we was able test Vector with current scripts
>> before the deploment so this is a bit different. And I still remember
>> the ammount of complaints bouncing here and there when Vector came and
>> broke Wikipedia and what not... Not that they were all valid and could
>> have been avoided, but maybe some could.
>>
>> Not that I'm complaining ;-), but prototype is... well it's empty for
>> now and it would be good if we could test scripts and do it as fast (and
>> as soon) as possible. I've already asked Leinad, but maybe someone could
>> import current Mediawiki namespace to prototype quicker.
>>
>> For one thing - I think our script for moving the search bar to the left
>> side panel will be probably broken (as you make it wider now) and this
>> will probably have to be fixed right after deployment...
>>
>> Regards,
>> Nux.
> You could also test the scripts in advance. If you think a particular
> script will break/need to be disabled with the switchover, you can
> always warp it in a if (wgVersion=="1.16wmf4") { check.
> That kind of action shouldn't be needed, though.

Hm... Not a bad idea.

> I don't see that plwiki have its search bar at the left sidebar, I don't
> know what does that script.

You can switch with a link at the top of the page (in p-personal) on the
left. It stays that way thanks to the cookie setting and you don't have
to be logged in... Just a little something I've done for those wanting
to go back a bit to monobook but not all the way ;-). I can already see
it's broken on prototype (we now have MediaWiki imported) but that's an
easy fix with that wgVersion hack.

Cheers,
Nux.