On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 7:46 PM, Brion Vibber <br...@pobox.com> wrote:
> If there's no strong objection, I'd like to revert it. If there really is
> some very specific need for non-global logins (wtf?!) this should be
> something that individual people who really need it can *get to* with their
> secret wizard knowledge but not inflict on everyone else. ;)

I'm fine with reverting this out of the login UI. I imagine it's only
going to cause more confusion than anything for innocent users
who don't really know what they're clicking. "Log me in globally?
I just want to login to Wikipedia!"

I can see the usefulness in skipping the global login for debugging
or for some other freaky edge case a power user might come up
with. How about as a compromise, we make the feature available
through a query parameter or the API?

If nobody has a really solid use case though, I'm fine with outright
removal too.

-Chad