Platonides wrote:
> CORS does seem to be the way to go. I have drafted a new proposal below
> which attempts to fix several bug in our way of doing central login.

Two questions and a comment about this.

First, would this impede the ability to switch to an AJAX login interface in
the future? LiquidThreads development is working toward this goal.[1]

Second, would this impede the ability to remove the "you've been logged in"
screen? Aryeh mentioned an idea that would allow MediaWiki to remove this
horrible workflow interrupter.[2]

Lastly, due to the large nature of this project, the fact that it involves
both sysadmins and developers, and the fact that there are high-level
principles[3] that need to be kept in mind (as well as the need to track a
variety of bugs and mailing list posts), I'd strongly recommend creating a
"Requests for comment" subpage for this.[4]

MZMcBride

[1] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/File:LQT-v2-Editor-LoginPrompt-Login.png
[2] http://mail.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2011-February/051946.html
[3] http://mail.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2011-February/051939.html