Bryan Tong Minh wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 3:33 AM, Platonides wrote:
>> Come on. It is easy enough to check if your revision is the culprit.
>>
>> svn up -r r80247
>> cd tests/phpunit/
>> make noparser
>>
> Which takes approximately one hour to run.
> We should fix this, because otherwise nobody is going to run the unit
> tests before committing something.
>

> Bryan

$ time make noparser
Tests: 823, Assertions: 9512, Failures: 8, Incomplete: 42, Skipped: 3.
make: *** [noparser] Error 1

real    0m45.697s
user    0m10.389s
sys     0m1.523s

I have mysql tmpdir set to a tmpfs filesystem (mysql doesn't support
in-memory tables with BLOBs).
Using a different hardware, a cold cache and creating the temporary
tables on disk, it may take a few minutes, but not an hour.

On the other hand, running phpunit parser tests can take that long.
Whereas the good old parserTests.php takes ~44s, too. All the other time
is db overhead droping and duplicating tables, inserting articles and
waiting for the db answer.
I tested performing a new mysql connection instead of dropping each
table separatedly, but it was slower. A change that could improve
perfomance would be to insert everything on a main temporary table, and
clone that with its content for each parser test.
Or we could try to remove the db dependency altogether for parser tests.