Brion Vibber <br...@pobox.com> writes:

> On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 8:56 PM, Mark A. Hershberger <
>> If you want to make a commit that depends on un-reviewed code, you have
>> to find someone to review it.  Otherwise, your commit will break trunk
>> when that code is reverted.
>
> This is actually a lot harder than it might sound; even in only a week,
> trimming out dependency on dependency on dependency can be extremely
> difficult, especially if some change involved lots of giant whitespace
> cleanup or variable renames or other things that play hell with patch
> resolution.
>
> Reverting generically questionable code should probably happen a lot faster
> than after a week.

I did suggest that we revert it with-in 24 hours of it being marked
FIXME.  I'd even be fine with immediate reversion.

You suggest putting up test servers and deploying code quicker.  Which
I'm all in favor of.  TranslateWiki does this somewhat for us, but I
think setting up a prototype where this would happen more regularly and
with a configuration more like WMF wikis would be a good idea.

Mark.