Tim Starling wrote:
> If the code review manpower is there, we can be friendly and
> encouraging to our developers, not threaten them with a revert unless
> they can make at least one developer be their friend within seven days.
>
> The WMF really is central in this, because we have a policy of hiring
> as many experienced developers as possible from the volunteer
> community. So that is where the expertise is concentrated.

You're one of the most senior developers and you're a Wikimedia employee,
yet some of your writing comes off as though you're on the outside. Yes,
Wikimedia needs to devote more manpower to code review. This has been pretty
apparent for quite some time. The central question at this point seems to
be: what's the hold-up?

Long ago I lost track of who's in charge of what, but I'm told there is some
sort of hierarchy in place in the tech department. Who's empowered to start
assigning people to review code in a reasonable timeframe? Like Aryeh, I
find this entire thread a bit baffling.

MZMcBride