2011/6/8 Strainu <strain...@gmail.com>:
> Yes, it does depend on the project, but I'm pretty sure that in most
> projects there are some chunks of js in Common.js that simply should
> not be disabled.

In my opinion any custom ui feature should be optional, because it
will never satisfy all users. It will also simplify developing and
testing new versions of a gadget, by giving users an ability to turn
off old version and turn on the new one. User having trouble with
interfering scripts will be able to find out which ones by selectively
disabling gadgets. Getting rid of MediaWiki:Common.js may not be
feasible for all projects, in the end it is all up to sysops how much
freedom they are willing to grant to contributors and viewers.

Regards,
Ildefons Stułbia