> We also need to figure out which things can afford to wait while we
> retool.  My understanding of the Features team work is that the 20%
> tax is unaccounted for in the current model.  I'll let Alolita speak
> to it, but I don't believe we've agreed to change any dates yet as a
> result of adding 20% time to the devs schedules.

This is certainly the case for anything mobile and special projects
(offline) related. Since its a fairly new team the majority of its
members are either part time contractors or are new and operating
mostly on their own; this gives us a good challenge of on boarding new
engineers for code review & deployment

I'm really eager to fix the latter. We currently have good
documentation from Roan and others at
http://wikitech.wikimedia.org/view/How_to_deploy_code and we'll have a
much better eco system when het deploy is out. For those of you that
actively deploy code .. do we have enough documentation for someone
new to  learn the system? If not .. what key pieces are missing? Feel
free to grab me on irc if you want to dive into this deeply or if your
just curious.

Internally i've watched/supported our engineers becoming more familiar
with our deployment system and i'm eager to have more who are
comfortable with this from both staff and the volunteer community.

--tomasz