User "Raindrift" posted a comment on MediaWiki.r92009.

Full URL: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:Code/MediaWiki/92009#c19531
Commit summary:

Refactored UploadStash and related classes to use the database for file
metadata storage instead of the session, see bug 26179

Tweaked the UploadWizard to work properly with the new backend code, updated
tests

Comment:

Fixed the smallint thing in r92035.

Regarding the API and sessionkey referring to an upload session, here's what I
wrote in the email thread on wikitech-l (pasted here because it makes more
sense here):

Neilk and I talked about that, but it seemed misleading.  While it could be
argued that the UploadWizard implements the concept of an upload session, it
doesn't really carry through to the API.  Each key is linked to a specific
file, whereas I'd expect an upload session to be an abstraction that could
contain multiple files.  Previously, sessionkey was really referring to the
file key that was stored in the session.

We decided that changing it made sense since it was possible to deprecate the
old name without removing it, which gave us both clarity and functionality.
Had that been impossible, leaving it unchanged was the next-best option.