> I've been aware of this tool for quite a while, and shown it to some other
> devs around
> here. I think it's awesome, but I have not had a need for it yet. I think the
> visual editor
> may present some cases where this makes sense
Just being curious, can you elaborate on that? From my experience (I tried
TinyMCE on MediaWiki ;), would it not be easier to compare the code a visual
editor produces with the result of the preview mode? I assume it could easier
be done by comparing the DOM branches, using QUnit or Selenium instead of
images.

> - but generally it seems the most useful for writing tests that involved
> taking several input
> actions and expecting a consistent result.
I agree. I thought more about testing skin layout, e.g. divs not being rendered
in the right place in some browsers. For complex interactions, I'd still prefer
Selenium or other "non-optical" tools.

-- Markus (mglaser)