Thank you for reply,

the current logs are stored at http://bots.wmflabs.org/~petrb/logs/
for instance the dev channel is logged (some of the channels are not
being logged althought the folder exist), you can just jump for
instance to #mediawiki-move and type anything there (it's empty
channel), you would see if it's ok, if not let me know. I want to
create some php pages for searching the logs and place them to svn as
well.

Concerning "wariness":
You didn't get my point, this new bot is supposed to be managed by
community, not a single person, so there should be any problem with
"trustworth" it doesn't matter if you trust me or not, the source code
is in svn, so that you can see what is there, you can change it or fix
it, the binary is installed on instance on labs which would be
probably accessible in the future to anyone who would apply for access
and has svn account, so that anyone else who would like to operate the
bot could do that, and easily help with the job of any other operator
who wouldn't have a time for that. However as I already noted, if
there is someone who actively maintain the current bot, I see
absolutely no reason to convince you to switch to this one.