"Bawolff" posted a comment on MediaWiki.r111085.

Commit summary for MediaWiki.r111085:

(bug 28936, bug 5280) Broken or invalid titles can't be removed from watchlist.
Now titles are fixed or deleted, if unfixable, upon loading
Special:EditWatchlist.

Bawolff's comment:

In my testing, when it cleans up watchlist page entries, for a normal (non-raw)
edit, it doesn't properly delete the bad entries for the corresponding talk
page.

For example, I added some invalid stuff to my watchlist:
<pre>
mysql> select wl_namespace, concat( "[", wl_title, "]" ) from watchlist;
+--------------+------------------------------+
| wl_namespace | concat( "[", wl_title, "]" ) |
+--------------+------------------------------+
|            0 | [spacing cha R2]           |
|            0 | [spacing cha r]            |
|            1 | [spacing cha r]            |
|           82 | [ns 82]                      |
|           83 | [ns 82]                      |
+--------------+------------------------------+
</pre>
After doing an edit to it, the entries looked like:
<pre>
mysql> select wl_namespace, concat( "[", wl_title, "]" ) from watchlist;
+--------------+------------------------------+
| wl_namespace | concat( "[", wl_title, "]" ) |
+--------------+------------------------------+
|            0 | [ns_82]                      |
|            0 | [spacing_cha_R2]             |
|            0 | [spacing_cha_r]              |
|            1 | [ns_82]                      |
|            1 | [spacing cha r]            |
|            1 | [spacing_cha_R2]             |
|            1 | [spacing_cha_r]              |
|           83 | [ns 82]                      |
+--------------+------------------------------+
</pre>
Where they should have looked like:
<pre>
mysql> select wl_namespace, concat( "[", wl_title, "]" ) from watchlist;
+--------------+------------------------------+
| wl_namespace | concat( "[", wl_title, "]" ) |
+--------------+------------------------------+
|            0 | [ns_82]                      |
|            0 | [spacing_cha_R2]             |
|            0 | [spacing_cha_r]              |
|            1 | [ns_82]                      |
|            1 | [spacing_cha_R2]             |
|            1 | [spacing_cha_r]              |
+--------------+------------------------------+
</pre>

This issue does not seem to occour when doing raw edits. (And its really not a
major issue, db looks wrong, but they're not displayed to user, so should be
ok).

Additionally, it seems like the entries that are removed from watchlist as
invalid sometimes still end up on the edit page (but won't if you reload the
page). This seems to be true for the raw view for all types of entries, and for
the normal edit mode, this is true only for my article in namespace 82.

(For reference, I should say i have no namespace 82 defined)

These are rather minor issues though, and certainly much better than the old
behaviour.