"Jeroen De Dauw" posted a comment on MediaWiki.r111264.

Commit summary for MediaWiki.r111264:

adding DBDataObject class after having some people review it and posting on the
list. docs can currently be found at
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Jeroen_De_Dauw/DBDataObject

Jeroen De Dauw's comment:

Yes, I agree, this should not happen. AFAIK this is not happening anywhere in
the Education Program extension, which makes heavy use of this class, so it can
definitely be avoided. The idea is that you load all fields you need when the
object gets constructed. If you then try to get a field that you did not load,
it will throw an exception. There are cases where it might be impossible to
know in advance what you will need though. For this the class allows for
loaded data). I don't see any way to avoid doing 2 selects in such cases. If
you have an idea that works, I'd be happy to hear it :)