"Hashar" posted a comment on MediaWiki.r111264.

Commit summary for MediaWiki.r111264:

adding DBDataObject class after having some people review it and posting on the
list. docs can currently be found at
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Jeroen_De_Dauw/DBDataObject

Hashar's comment:

In the long run, It would be ten time easier to reuses an existing ORM such as
doctrine or propel (from symphony). I do not think we want that kind of
home-brewed ORM :
* it adds to our maintenance / code review queue
* it is yet another barrier to new developers
* it will cause bug
* it lacks a design document
Finally I am unsure which needs it is intended to fulfill, much less if it is
going to be able to fulfill the perceived needs at this time.

I would personally bury that somewhere. Start by writing the needs we have,
evaluate existing solutions and then '''if and only if''' none of them fit our
needs, start writing our own ORM.