On 07/03/12 01:13, Chad wrote:
> Learning a new tool and new workflow is jarring, but I think it's a feeling
> that will pass slightly as time goes on. That's part of the reason we
> pushed the decision about Phabricator out by a few months-- it allows
> us to get some hands-on experience with Gerrit. By that point I hope
> we'll be moving past the initial Git learning curve, and I think it'll allow
> us to make a better decision about code review tools without being
> clouded by git-isms (some of which will remain regardless of the tool
> in question).
>
> Sadly you only get one first impression, and Gerrit doesn't do a good
> job at that :(

I don't see the point of not starting with the best tool from the
beginning. Migrations are painful, and with permanent consequences, so
the less the better. We may err on deciding which one is best, or not
know about a better alternative until after migrating, but refusing to
consider them?
Imagine you were going to learn horseback riding, and were given a lame
horse.
- Hey! You have given me an injured horse.
- First learn to gallop with it, then we can consider if it's worth
changing it.