Thats actually quite an interesting thought, and it could well be
true, even if it is the opposite of the Wiki philosophy.

On the other hand, it might also be true that non-developers do find
bugs, but fail to report them exactly because of the BZ user
experience. It's quite important that reporters don't 'get in the way'
of development. Keeping them out of the devolopers shouldn't be done
by erecting walls of artificial difficulties - which is what BZ'ed
user experience is, it hides the difficulty of finding and properly
reporting a bug in itself behind the difficulty of going through the
technical process of reporting a bug.

How it should be done is a more difficult question though. Hardly
anyone equipped to do proper triage from the firehose of a
low-boundries bugtracker is interested in actually doing that triage
(see also: code review)