On 14/05/12 18:19, Risker wrote:
> Martijn is on to something here.  I write as a non-developer who has
> identified bugs and has been pressed to report them via Bugzilla, despite
> the fact that I feel very much out of my depth there.  For those of us who
> can report problems but not solve them (other than to test solutions), a
> simpler process would probably help to ensure that the bugs are reported in
> a more standard way that is most likely to be useful to the developer team.

This is a good point.
I sometimes get a bug discussed through irc, and I may end up asking:
can you report that in bugzilla?

Doing it that way has a number of benefits:
- The bug is explained by the original reporter, not as
viewed/understood by a second-person.
- It provides a source of request for the change.
- The reporter can get feedback about the status (eg. it got reverted).
- Even if the people who initially dealt with it doesn't follow with the
problem, it gets registered.
- Further questions go directly to the reporter, no need to have them
proxied to the Village Pump.

So I get convinced on having bugzilla at least barely usable for end
users. :-)