On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 2:25 PM, David Gerard <dger...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6 June 2012 19:20, Mark A. Hershberger <m...@everybody.org> wrote:
>
>> Speaking of testing, if anyone wants to help make sure the 1.19 release
>> of MediaWiki included in the next Debian package (and probably the next
>> Ubuntu package) is working, now is the time to test.  Debian will soon
>> freeze their packages for their upcoming stable release.
>> http://packages.debian.org/experimental/mediawiki
>

> Last I recalled, the Debian MediaWiki was regarded as a pit of
> gratuitous weirdness of sufficient extent that it was all but
> deprecated, and any sane admin installs from the tarball. Is this
> still the state of play, and if not then what improved?

Well since we introduced a CLI installer, it should make the process
much cleaner for people packaging the wiki. I don't know what work
has been done (if any), but the groundwork's been laid on our end.

The other big complaint we've had over time is moving stuff around
to the typical Debian-esque locations (eg: putting LocalSettings in
/etc). Don't know what the status is on that though.

-Chad