On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 10:26 AM, David Gerard <dger...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 31 August 2012 18:21, Jon Robson <jdlrob...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> +1 I was very surprised to learn any thumbnail sizes could be generated. We
>> should standardise on a tiny, small,medium high and original resolutions. 5
>> sizes seems more than enough.
>

> I would suggest checking against the corpus before saying "x should be
> enough for anyone". There are also occasional but valid uses for
> non-standard sizes.
>

> - d.

True, but if we were to institute a cleanup program to rationalize
sizes to a limited set, even if particular users object on a page here
or there and we leave it be, the vast bulk of the work is easy and
gets us the size usage win.

The questions to me are what sizes to standardize towards, and how can
we tell where things are used at what size?

--
-george william herbert
george.herb...@gmail.com