Ariel wrote:
> But there's plenty of "odd" sizes with lots of thumbs too. For example,
> over 65K files with width 181px

181px images are tipically made when 180px images are "bad", with the
squid/scaler refusing to deliver the latest version. Adding 1px there
forces a regeneration of the file, solving the issue.
Going up to 65K seems too much, though.

On 31/08/12 22:35, Roan Kattouw wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 1:22 PM, Jeremy Baron <jer...@tuxmachine.com> wrote:
>> I believe the status quo is no thumbs (of any size) are generated at
>> upload time. They are all just done on demand.
>>
> That's correct in theory. In practice (for uploads using
> Special:Upload at least) the user is redirected to the file
> description page after a successful upload, which contains a thumb of
> the file of a given size (800px?), which is then immediately generated
> on demand :) . Special:UploadWizard has similar behavior: the success
> page contains 200px(?) thumbs of all the images the user uploaded.
>
> Roan

Plus another tiny one at the file history section.

I remember seeing a change about rounding the requested image size some
months ago, so the "request any size" may not be true any longer.