On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 11:09 PM, Erik Moeller <e...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Is the system documented somewhere already so gadget/script authors
> can start using it?

+1 to docs for this, please. :)

My other question is similar to what Andrew asked earlier: what potential
is there for including something more than just strings?

My team just finished up a test where simple "your edit was saved"
confirmation messages lead to a significant bump in the editing activity of
newbies on English Wikipedia.[1] The only core differences between the
custom notification we built and bubble notifications are that it was
center-aligned and that it included a checkmark icon. I would prefer to
build on top of this if we're going to try and make an edit confirmation
message a part of MediaWiki.

Steven

1. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Post-edit_feedback