On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 9:28 PM, Jon Robson <jdlrob...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Commons it seems to take 5 seconds to disappear which is too long as at
> this point I'm wondering how to dismiss it.
I think the time should depend on the length of the message.
The watchlist notification in Portuguese has ~46 words,
and if I didn't know what it was saying, that information would be lost.
Maybe it should allow us to see previous notifications by clicking somewhere.

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 9:28 PM, Rob Moen <rm...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Not sure if this is a known issue, but the notification is at the top of the
> document regardless of where you are on the page.  Meaning if I'm at the
> bottom of a long article, I have to scroll up to the top to see the bubble.
> Should it not be relative to the scroll position?
>
> I noticed this by firing off a mw.notify('hi james') in the console at the
> bottom of a long article.  This may have gone unnoticed as it seems mw.notify
> is only triggered by UI components at the top of the page.

+1. This is bothering me as well.

Helder