Hi,

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 12:35 PM, Jon Robson <jdlrob...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The home page for the developer page should act like a personal appeal
> only with __developers__ as the writers.

I'm not sure about the concept of personal appeal for APIs and open
source projects. They should be objectively appealing in the first
place. Once the most attractive facts are effectively explained we can
spice them up with showcases and personal experiences.

In order to attract and keep new developers we want to strive for
maximum simplification in the Developer Hub. What pearls with hook do
we have for newcomers?

- An API to operate with precious Wikipedia data in your applications.

- Open source projects improving Wikipedia and looking for contributors.

- MediaWiki is the free, extensible and customizable technology that
powers Wikipedia and thousands of other sites.

- Become a wikitech ambassador in order to test the fresh stuff and
get involved.

Each entry would lead to THE reference page, from which the interested
reader could dive in.

Each entry could feature already in the Developer Hub the best showcases:

- amazing apps using the API,
- Wikipedia mobile, visual editor, article feedback.
- amazing sites powered with MediaWiki.
- amazing selection of ambassadors and contributors.

We do many other things, but they should be linkable from these main
pillars. If you have a very important entry to add, which one in the
list would you remove?

PS: still learning about how to contribute effectively to a RFC in
conjunction with mailing list discussion and bug report.  ;)

--
Quim