Hi,

On Wed, 2012-10-10 at 17:51 -0400, MZMcBride wrote:
> It's never been very clear who the primary audience of Bugzilla is (or
> whether there even is a "primary" audience of Bugzilla). I think it will be
> difficult to write good documentation if you don't know whether your
> audience is primarily developers, primarily end-users, or some mixture.

Good point.
IMHO there should be documentation for any audience that uses or might
want to use Bugzilla, not only a primary one. This means:
* "normal users"
* module maintainers
* developers
* Bugzilla administrators
* triagers

While "normal users" have other (currently easier) ways to provide
feedback this shouldn't mean to not cover them in documentation how to
use Bugzilla. Some people are brave! :)

> That said, bug management is mostly distinct from bug filing. Your post to
> the village pump seems to encompass both, but I'm not sure if you're
> actually planning on trying to tackle both right now. (Your mailing list
> post seems to focus more on bug management/triaging.)

For bug filing we have
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/How_to_report_a_bug (which is somehow a
copy of https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/page.cgi?id=bug-writing.html for
reasons I don't know). I'd keep bug filing as a single page as nobody
would read anything longer.
Bug management is a bit more complicated though, yeah. :)

> I agree with Siebrand that you should use MediaWiki.org or Meta-Wiki for
> work like this. I'd also strongly recommend not deleting old pages (or old
> page titles). Redirects are cheap and are vastly more useful to readers.

I'd try to redirect where it makes sense, however as content on pages
will change because of merging and removing duplicated information it
might make sense in some cases to redirect to a generic Bugzilla-related
frontpage on the wiki instead.

andre
--
Andre Klapper | Wikimedia Bugwrangler