On 12/18/2012 11:56 AM, Chad wrote:
But I don't think that description is accurate at all. "The MediaWiki project"
refers to MediaWiki--not other WMF sites.

Ok, if @wikimediatech is only distributing updates about http://wikitech.wikimedia.org/ then you are right and let's just leave the username as it is.

Still, can the description be perhaps improved?

"Wikimedia Tech Team" (identi.ca) or "Wikimedia Tech Staff" (Twitter) can be confused by outsiders as a place to know about all tech related activities. I wonder how many of the 80 / 535 followers (our highest numbers in any tech related account) fell in this confusion.

What about something more descriptive?

"Wikimedia technical infrastructure updates."

Pointing to the MediaWiki account from the description would be also useful.

--
Quim Gil
Technical Contributor Coordinator @ Wikimedia Foundation