On 12/20/2012 05:14 PM, Matthew Flaschen wrote:
On 12/19/2012 06:43 PM, Quim Gil wrote:
It's not completely sorted out but there has been a big progress in just
a couple of days:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Social_media

promote MediaWiki & Wikimedia tech news.

* http://identi.ca/mediawiki
* https://twitter.com/MediaWiki
* https://www.facebook.com/MediaWikiProject

These channels pay a lot of attention to critical mass. The more
followers and shares/likes the more promoted you get (more or less).
Your support is welcome.

You should also consider making http://app.net/mediawiki .  app.net is
an ad-free subscription social network, and it's currently very popular
with us techies (but broadening its base).

Thank you for the suggestion. Do you (or someone you know) want to maintain that? We can talk.

I'm posting relevant news to identi.ca, Twitter, Facebook and Google+. Currently I feel only Twitter & Facebook pays off (looking at the outcome and forgetting about other reasonings). Still, I'm happy working with these 4 - even more happy if someone would want to step in and help.

No plans to take a 5th so far, unless there is a way to automate the process and someone willing to pay attention to potential feedback in that new channel.

--
Quim Gil
Technical Contributor Coordinator @ Wikimedia Foundation