On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 6:44 AM, Jeroen De Dauw <jeroended...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I have observed a difference in opinion between two groups of people on
> gerrit, which unfortunately is causing bad blood on both sides. I'm
> therefore interested in hearing your opinion about the following scenario:
>
> Someone makes a sound commit. The commit has a clear commit message, though
> there is a single typo in it. Is it helpful to -1 the commit because of the
> typo?

This is a non issue in the very near future. Once we upgrade (testing
now, planning for *Very Soon* after eqiad migration), we'll have the
ability to edit commit messages and topics directly from the UI. I
think this will save people a lot of time downloading/amending changes
just to fix typos.

Personally, I think all typos should be fixed, since this becomes an
immutable part of the history once submitted. But hopefully this will
be much easier for people soon :)

-Chad