On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 10:05 AM, bawolff <bawolff...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On the other hand, new users may be attracted to the fact that we have
> high standards.
>
> I agree that spelling is a valid reason for a -1. After all, -1 is not
> the same as a revert in the svn days, it simply means that the commit
> is not yet "perfect". (Even in svn a revert was supposed to be no big
> deal).

I would disagree, I think most developers will look for community
first. While yes, some wont care that it's full of nitpicky pedants, I
think that would turn off more potential developers then would help.
Extending this logic, nobody would commit to the Linux kernel tree
since it has had fuck and shit committed in revisions. What type of
standards is that?

I would agree with Daniel above that if it's in a non-critical part of
the commit message, if it bothers you that much, then follow it up
yourself.