> > [...]
>
> > The point I'm trying to make is that the problems with Gerrit are not
> > problems with Gerrit, but actually problems with Git itself. If you can't
> > handle the basics of Gerrit, it's because you don't know how to use Git.
> > And at that point I don't see how GitHub is going to make things that
> much
> > easier anyway.
>
> ACK.  Also I think, if you have mastered the MediaWiki code-
> base to a degree where you can submit a patch, its actual
> submission will be the least problem you've encountered :-).

I disagree and I have a very simple counter-point.  Gerrit makes it
basically impossible to work in a git-flow style (
http://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/).  From what I
understand, rebasing and good branching strategies like git-flow simply
don't get along.

I agree with Steven and Ryan about leaving the "migrate to GitHub"
discussion closed.  Gerrit is open source and it meets all of our needs.
 But it does create barriers of entry as shown above, in Jon's point, and
in Matthew Bowker's experience (which I'm sure is not atypical).  So I
think we should be open to valid criticism and find out how we can lower
the bar of entry.  As for the argument that this will lower code quality, I
think the burden of proof is on those making that assumption.