MZMcBride wrote:
>I think the issue we're seeing here is that changes, particularly large
>changes, often aren't socialized well.

I mention socialization of features as I'm not sure all of the context is
apparent here. There are brooding factions on the English Wikipedia over
infoboxes, apparently. I was reading about them yesterday. Risker, as a
member of the English Wikipedia Arbitration Committee, will likely end up
being tasked with helping sort out this mess. Wikidata may be exacerbating
the general infobox issue, which is why socialization of a big new
software feature like this is so important.

On any wiki, we often want to avoid inorganic growth/evolution. New
features and developments are great, but over time. This is why most wiki
communities oppose, for example, bot-created short articles (stubs).

From reading the technical village pump and visiting Wikidata, I don't
think the workflows are clearly established yet. Certainly not to the
point that I'd want this in production on a huge wiki like the English
Wikipedia. My strong recommendation would be to give the smaller
Wikipedias some time to see how this works before going full-throttle.
Perhaps one of the Wikimedia Foundation site architects can weigh in here.

MZMcBride