In hewiki we had a discussion in village pump before phase II deployment
and there is a simple bureaucratic policy for converting templates to use
the new {{#property}} feature:
a discussion in "Wikipedia:Village pump/templates" for each template
conversion before actually adding {{#property}} for it.
(this "village pump for templates" was already exist to eliminate adding
unnecessary extra parameters that were added without discussion)
This way we can check that each conversion is both technically ok, use the
correct properties from wikidata, and doesn't add unnecessary parameters.

We don't use yet the new features - as in the real world cases it isn't
just {{#property}} and to enjoy the powerful features of wikidata we must
use WikibaseClient Lua api,
but we are in final phase of testing {{Taxobox}} (with no parameters at
all. really cool!)

I would like to thank to Lydia and wikidata team - you are doing a great
job.