On Jun 5, 2013 3:48 AM, "Daniel Friesen" <dan...@nadir-seen-fire.com> wrote:

> "but you can't grant the ability to edit normal pages without also
granting the ability to edit your user CSS/JS"
> We only need to introduce one (well two if you separate js and css) more
right to restrict that. Then that point becomes a non-issue.

Yes, two more otherwise-pointless rights. And what else?

> "and (if you're an admin) the MediaWiki namespace and so on."
> Flat out false.

If you had quoted the context, it would be obvious you are confused here.
This statement was in the contact of using the existing user groups such as
"sysop".

> There's nothing wrong with having a large list of fine-grained rights to
grant as long as you format them properly for the user.

In other words, implement another rights-grouping system just as
complicated and less clear than the approach currently proposed.