On 6 June 2013 15:40, Andre Klapper <aklap...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Salut,
>
> On Thu, 2013-06-06 at 11:25 +0200, Antoine Musso wrote:
> > Launchpad.net has instead of RESOLVED and VERIFIED:
> >
> >   Fix Committed (fixed but not available until next release)
> >   Fix Released (fix released).
> > -------8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-------
> > Which is essentially the same as PATCH_AVAILABLE and RELEASED.
>
> Yepp, and I like that. :)
> However, Bugzilla does not allow renaming "RESOLVED FIXED" (fix merged
> but not deployed), and I'm a bit concerned that changing the name would
> break a lot of Bugzilla query URLs out there.

As I understand it, the bug states we might want to capture are:

[Existing UNCO/NEW/ASSI/REOP]

* In gerrit but not merged - "PATCH IN REVIEW" (eww) or "COMMITTED" or
whatever.
* In gerrit and merged but not yet in production - "RESOLVED/FIXED"
(confusing) or "MERGED" or whatever. Breaking queries' URLs would suck,
though.
* ? In production in /some/ places​ - not sure if we'd want to capture
this, especially as we're hoping to move to continuous deployment anyway.
 * In production in all of the WMF cluster - "RELEASED", replacing the
unused "VERIFIED" state?​
* ? In a tarball release - maybe "CLOSED" could be used for this, but
renamed? - WMF isn't the only user of MediaWiki, after all.

Note that this ignores the state of
merged-but-not-yet-fully-automatically-tested (:-() which I'd like to hope
we don't have to deal with for much longer when we can finally merge in the
cross-browser testing into gerrit's +2 gating.

​Also, +1 to a "Fixes-Bug: 123" annotation or somesuch, as Timo proposed a
couple of months ago in the rather more cryptic "Bug 123" vs. "Bug: 123".
:-)​

​J.
--
James D. Forrester