I've used (and use) doxygen+txt+mediawiki and was very helpful(still
include myself in new dev).

But, on the other hand, in the hooks (without doxygen), I always had
trouble knowing when and where it is loaded. And it is always hard to
figure out which one to use.

Probably a newbie problem, but since we are talking about this. I decided
to say.