On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 10:34 AM, MZMcBride <z...@mzmcbride.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure that counts as moot. People incapable of using HTTPS will
> simply be locked out of their accounts indefinitely? How many users will
> this affect?
>
> I wonder if making it possible to toggle this user preference via e-mail
> would make sense. Wikimedia wikis are too large and too diverse to not
> expect that a certain percent of users won't be able to use HTTPS. I'd
> really like to avoid losing these users. Of course even a "toggle by
> e-mail" option still wouldn't solve the login issue. Hmmm.
>
> (And if the user preference isn't meant to serve those who can't use
> HTTPS, who is it intended to serve?)

My point is that it doesn't matter what your user preference is. Whether
it's false or true, you still have to log in over HTTPS. In other words,
the user preference has no effect on your ability to use the site.

*-- *
*Tyler Romeo*
Major in Computer Science
www.whizkidztech.com | tylerro...@gmail.com