On 04/10/13 06:41, Aaron Schulz wrote:
> In any case, I would not want to see file cache removed until CDN support
> was evaluated, documented, and cleaned up, so people have an easy
> alternative in it's place. For example, if a bunch of confusing vcls are
> needed to use varnish, then few will go through the effort.

I don't think our Squid/Varnish support deserves to be called CDN
support. A CDN is usually a third-party system, like Akamai or
Limelight, and we don't have any support for those. For text, we don't
even support stock Squid/Varnish. We require patches and custom
configuration for Squid. We haven't even managed to migrate text to
Varnish ourselves yet -- only Wikia have done that. It's a lot to ask
of a newbie with no time to spend.

-- Tim Starling