On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 6:41 PM, MZMcBride <z...@mzmcbride.com> wrote:

> Though everyone to have commented here so far (myself included) don't
> deploy code or help fix the bugs that arise after (not directly, anyway).
> I'd be most interested to hear from Sam, Arthur, Max, Greg, et al. (the
> people on <https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Deployments>) about how the
> deployments process(es) are working.

Personally, I do not have a strong opinion about this yet. The mobile web
team just got on the deployment train two weeks ago (previously we managed
our own weekly deployments that went out cluster-wide), so it feels too
early for me have a sense of what works well/doesn't as we're still working
out some internal kinks and getting used to the new rhythm. That said,
'option c' seems really sensible to me - it would be nice to have the extra
working day to address issues that cropped up on the testwikis before
pushing changes out to the non-wikipedia wikis.

--
Arthur Richards
Software Engineer, Mobile