On 12/12/13, Martijn Hoekstra <martijnhoeks...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Reading this thread and thinking about the proposed changes, im getting
> stuck, and there may be some inconsistencies. The problems identified seem
> to be
>
> 1. Core development is made much harder because of an abundance in local
> differences in wikis caused by local js and css.
>
> 2. Local wikis security may be compromised by lack of formalised structured
> code review of local js and css. (by staff/core developers?)
>
> The former seems to be generally acknowledged, and a large problem, the
> latter more or less debated, and a smaller problem (is that correct)

I actually feel the opposite. Point #1 does not make core development
much harder. There's the occasional issue with local customization,
but in my experience these types of issues are few and far between.
Point #2 does scare me a little bit, particularly on the non
enwikipedia sites. I agree with Chad that anecdotes in this area
probably have more to do with no one looking, than any actual greater
security.

--Bawolff