On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 4:13 PM, Brian Wolff <bawo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess I should have said without banning [[MediaWiki:Common.js]]. I
> was kind of assuming this proposal meant banning all site wide js
> (Since otherwise what's the point of banning default on gadgets?
> Default on gadgets is just a way to separate common.js into modules
> for easier maintainability)

Yeah I think it's pretty much established that globally banning Gadgets is
simply not going to work unless you also ban common.js. If anything it
makes the problem worse, since at least Gadgets allow some organization for
the chaos (and users can turn off gadgets).

Submitting patches is not the problem. Getting them reviewed in a
> timely fashion is a problem. Having power taken out of local wikis
> hands is a problem.

I'll be frank. I don't really care. If power is really the issue, then let
people from the wikis have +2 on their wiki's Gerrit project. If the cost
of increasing site-wide security and alleviating developers' pain is a few
upset users who will get over it in a month or two, then so be it.

*-- *
*Tyler Romeo*
Major in Computer Science