On 02/10/2014 04:13 PM, Arthur Richards wrote:
> A few of us have been discussing how awesome it would be to use
> MediaWiki-Vagrant[1] to create a portable production-like environment.

We recently started a push on this by packaging Parsoid and other
services (rt test server, mathoid, ..) as Debian packages. This makes
the installation in a Debian/Ubuntu environment as easy as 'apt-get
install parsoid'.

An important advantage is that these packages are also directly usable
for hosted virtual machines commonly used by third party wiki installs.
It also avoids duplicating standard packaging tasks like startup
scripts, user setup, logging etc between packages and puppet, and lets
puppet concentrate on managing just the differences in configurations.

Gabriel