Hi,

I am a 4th year student of the Department of Computer Science and
Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology( IIT),  Kharagpur, India.

I am good at programming in PHP, MySQL, JavaScript, jQuery, HTML, CSS,
Java, C, C++ and Python. I have done all the important courses including
Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Algorithms, Information
Retrieval, Natural language processing, Advanced Graph theory.

I am very enthusiast to work with Wikimedia in GSOC 2014. I have an idea
which I believe can help improve Wikipedia content:

I want to implement a ranking system of the editors(especially 3rd party
editors) of the Wikipedia through which viewers can differentiate between
the content of the page. This ranking system will
increase the content reliability. We can implement :

1. An extension which take all the editors information--

a. How many times editor has edited this  particular page,
b. The number of pages he edited and editor's reputation( i.e number and
type of badge)

We can get this information from the "view history tab and then user info
from the user page" and generate a reliability score by using (i.e Data
clustering <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cluster_analysis>) for every
line/paragraph of the content for all Wikipedia page. After installing this
extension, user right click on any line to see the reliability score, all
editor info and history in concise form.

2. Make the different color of the line/paragraph if the content of the
line/paragraph is very new and its reliability score is less.

Please let me if I should go with this idea. If not, guide me how to start
working on different idea.

Thanks and Regards

Devender (Linkedin
Profile<http://in.linkedin.com/pub/devender-bindal/27/70b/133/>