On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 8:55 AM, Bartosz Dziewoński <matma....@gmail.com>wrote:

> I really do not think that blocking merges into core for 15% of the
> week is going to do us any good. Core already has a problem with stale
> patches not being touched (for various reasons, but most stemming from
> the lack of reviewers) and creating more obstructions is not going to
> help.

I agree.  I think a better technical solution would be to halt jenkins'
auto-merge for the 24 hour period, so that +2'ed changes are not
automatically merged until after the branch is cut.  Gerrit already lets
you force the merge, bypassing jenkins, so that could be done if the patch
is question was deployment-critical.
 --scott