On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 12:08 PM, C. Scott Ananian <canan...@wikimedia.org>wrote:

> I agree.  I think a better technical solution would be to halt jenkins'
> auto-merge for the 24 hour period, so that +2'ed changes are not
> automatically merged until after the branch is cut.

I don't see how that's any better. Things still aren't getting merged.

If anything, the "cut using master@{24 hours ago}" is a much better
idea.[1] Although it might be useful to see if Wednesday tends to be a
relatively active bug-fixing day as the community on non-Wikipedia sites
finds issues in the version that was deployed to them on Tuesday, in which
case keeping those from making it into the new cut on Thursday (and so
requiring more backports or waiting an extra week for fixes) might not be
so great.

 [1]: And yes, 'master@{24 hours ago}' is valid git syntax.

--
Brad Jorsch (Anomie)