On Thursday, April 10, 2014, Steven Walling <steven.wall...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I definitely agree with Erik's summation, but I would not like to open up
> discussion about Wikimedia-specific consideration vs. core, which is a
> broader question about what Vector should be/do that I don't think should
> block us reaching a consensus on typography in the meantime.

Ok for the sake of simplifying the already complex discussion, but we
should still consider the fact that we have a MediaWiki 1.23 release
scheduled in few weeks.

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki_1.23#Release_Schedule

1.23.0     2014-05-29

Our 3rd party MediaWiki users (the sysadmins and their users) should not be
affected by the unstable situation around font styles. If we are going to
change their defaults, we should better do it when we are certain about the
reliability of the changes. If this certainty comes soon enough to make it
to 1.23.0, good. Otherwise, can we plan for an alternative?

--
Quim Gil
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Qgil