Sun May 18 00:20:10 UTC 2014 Brian Wolff bawolff at gmail.com  wrote:

> I do think there are probably better ways to handle notification of
> new features. Perhaps a pop up the first time new feature is activated
> explaining the feature and how to disable it. I'm not really sure.

Yeah, that would be cool: I am tool "x", I do "y" and you can disable me
pressing button "z". Let button "z" be a prominent element of the UI for
the time of testing at large scale.
This way, we can get rid of some of the banners, thus reducing the risk
for ~-blindness and some of the trouble. VE has something similar now,
if I recall correctly (though the disable-me-button is missing).

-- Rillke

---
I also like MMV as a visitor; but it doesn't fit into any
administrator's workflow at Commons most of the time. Perhaps you also
want to make it easier for anyone to report issues? Other sites have
heavy libraries allowing users to pick the trouble-maker, or take a
screenshot and cutting it, ...