On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 10:27 AM, Jon Robson <jdlrob...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In terms of benchmarks, I was thinking more along the lines of
> benchmarking on the client, in particular for mobile devices which may
> have less memory. This would essentially be, time to load the template
> from the server to the time taken to render.

Is there someone who has the time to perform and publish an independent
audit on performance specifically?  We currently have this:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/HTML_templating_library#Performance

...which suggests that Knockoff is 50% faster than then next fastest
solution (Handlebars), and over 10x faster than most.  If this stands up to
scrutiny, and holds true as Knockoff gains feature parity, this is a huge
achievement that we should shout about far and wide, since I believe no one
disputes that a DOM-based approach is much more secure than a string-based
approach.  Before bragging about this, though, we should make absolutely
sure that it stands up to independent scrutiny.

Rob