>> I would like to make a case for moving more browsers into the grade C
>> category.
>
> Yes please. As a project that must live the test of time I think we should
> be focusing our energy on building for future browsers. Our main goal is to
> provide people knowledge which can be done without JavaScript. Older
> browsers hold us back in my opinion.

I would also support this, for similar, but slightly different reasons.  I
agree that we need to make sure that the project stands the test of time, and
for that reason I think we need to make Grade C a first class citizen.

I think because of the relative ease of parsing and saving a javascriptless
page, it stands the best chance of being accessible long into the future.

This would, of course, also allow us, as others have pointed out, to reduce
our maintenance burden and focus on building the best experience that new
browsers can provide.

Thank you,
Derric Atzrott