Hi,

On Sat, Aug 9, 2014 at 2:27 PM, Gilles Dubuc <gil...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> asking corporations
> with software engineering staff if they would be willing to let their
> employees volunteer their expertise and time to mediawiki while ideally
> still being on their employer's payroll. I mean engineering in the wide
> sense of the term, including Ops, QA, etc. and maybe even UX.

SocialCoding4Good puts in touch companies with open source projects. We are
nominally collaborating for a couple of years now, although for a reason or
another we haven't go any volunteers. See
http://www.socialcoding4good.org/organizations/wikimedia

From the WMF side we haven't insisted much either, partially because of our
growth in internships via outreach programs, partially because I wasn't
sure how willing would be our dev teams to try this model (this was before
Aron Arcos joined us as volunteer). If you are interested, we can ping them
back.