On 10 August 2014 13:57, Chris McMahon <cmcma...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Actually, I think we should consider serious limits to any such proposal,
> such as (as Gilles suggested) working only with reputable employees (or
> ex-employees, like Aaron Arcos) of reputable companies.  Otherwise I
> suspect "any developer" will game the system for their own benefit, for
> example to get free training or to pad their resume.

I would ordinarily be vary wary about limiting or restricting who we
collaborate with, but given that our code base is open source and we
welcome patches from everyone, making such a limitation seems workable for
the very practical purpose of making sure the relationships are as
productive as possible.

Thanks,
Dan

--