Il 11/08/2014 12:27, James Forrester ha scritto:
On 11 August 2014 10:56, Ricordisamoa <ricordisa...@openmailbox.org> wrote:

Why aren't they implementing a global repository for gadgets, modules,
templates which is (IMHO) what the community needs first?

We are.

​SUL finalisation (which is broadly a blocker to much of this work) is
currently underway and should help make a lot of cross-cluster desired
tools a great deal easier to build. This isn't the only piece of work, but
it's been enough to discourage work on these areas for many years.

At Wikimania, a number of staff and volunteer developers re-started work on
a global repository for gadgets. I was part of initial discussions around a
global repository for source references with structured data stored on
Wikibase somehow, and similar considerations for Wikiquote and Wikisource.

I'm sure lots of helpful follow-up e-mails, suggestions, RfCs and the like
will be written in the next few weeks as people get back from the
conference and have the time to communicate their work.

​So… "we" are.​ But why aren't you, too? Development is and has always been
a group effort. Patches welcome!

​J.​
Good to see your efforts!
Some time ago I proposed Global-Wiki <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Global-Wiki>, which has 28 interested people so far. And I make it a point to make my scripts and modules as localization-friendly as possible. But I would not support, e.g., forcing users to create a 'global' user page or intimidating sysops who keep their gadgets locally.

Good changes get always supported by the community, sooner or later. Sometimes you will have to speed them up, but you can't enforce them.